Q: Once delivered and placed, can I take the wheels off?


Yes, you can take the wheels off. However, we strongly suggest that if your land is flood prone or bush fire prone you leave the wheels on.  The trailer itself is fixed and cannot be removed.  A Tiny House is always considered a caravan, even if the wheels are off. To move it in the future, you can apply for an unregistered vehicle permit up to 28 days.  A caravan must remain capable of being registered (NSW).  This may vary from state to state.

Q: Do I need council approval to have a Tiny Home?

A: The information here is for NSW only.  This ruling may vary from State to State.  We strongly advise you check this information with your local council.
The Local Government (Manufactured Home Estates, Caravan Parks, Camping Grounds and Moveable Dwellings) Regulation 2005 states that the prior approval of the council is NOT required for:
(a) The installation of no more than 2 caravans, camper-vans or tents on any land, so long as they are not occupied for more than 2 days at a time and in any single 12 month period are not occupied for more than 60 days (in total), or
(b) the installation of no more than one caravan or campervan on land occupied by the owner of the caravan or campervan in connection with that owner’s dwelling-house, so long as it is used for habitation only the owner or by members of the owner’s household and is maintained in a safe and healthy condition, or
(c)  the installation of a caravan or campervan on pastoral or agricultural land, so long as it is merely occupied seasonally by persons employed in pastoral or agricultural operations on the land.
(1)   the enclosed area of all annexes that are attached to a caravan must not exceed the enclosed floor area of the caravan.
(2)  for the purposes of this clause, the floor area of a caravan that has a maximum internal width of less than 3.1 metres must be determined as if that width were 3.1 metres.

Q: Why do I need a Tiny Home?


You would benefit from owning a Tiny Home if you need:

(1) Additional housing. If a dwelling already exists, in almost all cases you don’t need a DA to have a caravan. A tiny house could be used for an extra room for a growing family, housing for relatives or university students, home office or studio, hobbies room, games or pool room, short-term holiday accommodation, study room for a high schooler, nanny or au pair quarters. This includes residential and farm blocks.

(2) Temporary accommodation during construction of a new house  (and once the main house is complete you have a guesthouse for extra space or it can be relocated to another site).

(3) To achieve sustainable off the grid living and have less of an impact on the environment.

(4) Accommodation on a rural block that has no building entitlement but allows for a caravan.

(5) Holiday accommodation at a caravan park, similar to that of a cabin. It is essentially a caravan with an optional annexe.

(6) Holiday accommodation by registering with ‘Airbnb’

(7) Temporary accommodation on an agricultural site.

(8) Need to be mortgage free. Financial Freedom!

Q: Do you deliver?

A: We offer a delivery service Australia wide or we can organise a tow company for delivery. Delivery is an additional cost.

Q: How much does a Tiny Home weigh?

A: Weights vary depending on the model.  Maximum allowable is 4.5 tonnes.

Q: How long does it take to build?

A: Build times vary depending on the model.  On average it’s 4 months.

Q: Which model is best for me?

A: Please feel free to call or email us to discuss your ideas and plans for your tiny home. We can custom design and build to your desires and requirements.

Q: Can the Tiny Home be off-grid?

A: Yes it can.  A solar trailer is a great way to provide power to your property when a regular roof top installation is just not possible. They can be positioned up to 50m away from your power feed and orientated to perfectly capture the sun. You can even move the solar to suit summer or winter light conditions.

Q: Can I travel around in my Tiny Home?

A: Yes, our tiny houses on trailers are all within Australian Transport Authorities weight and size limits for towing on Australian and state roads.

Q: I want to make some changes to our designs. Can I customise my Tiny Home?

A: Yes! We are a custom build company, so we can build to suit whatever layout you want and/or your budget. Please complete our custom design form and email it to us for a free quote. You can change most of the internal and external features.  Just remember that the entrance door must be on the passenger side or rear to comply.

Q: How much does a quote cost?

A: A basic initial quote is free.

Q: I don’t want my Tiny Home right now, but I want to lock in a date for delivery. How can I do this?

A: You can pay a 50% non-refundable deposit and secure a placeholder position, which allows you to have your Tiny Home delivered as soon as 30 days after completion. Due to increasing material costs this is subject to a time limit of one year.

Q: Is there a payment plan?

A: We can offer a payment plan of 5 payments to be paid at the following stages: 20% deposit, 20% at trailer stage, 20% at house frame stage, 20% at lock-up stage and the final 20% upon completion.

Q: Is the Tiny Home insulated?

A: Yes, it has quadruple insulation in the walls, triple insulated roof and double insulated floors minimising energy needed for heating and cooling. In addition, all windows are double-glazed.

Q: How do I connect the sewage? See here for instructional videos

A: There are a few options at an additional cost:  (1) Connect to existing sewer system (mains or septic) by engaging a local plumber.

A Tiny Home comes with a standard flushing toilet ready for your local plumber to connect to your existing system.

If there’s no existing sewer system available you have the option of either:

(1) a composting toilet or

(2) installing a septic tank system to connect to your flushing toilet.

(3) Under chassis grey water tank.

Q: How do I get water?


Our standard Tiny Home connects with a garden hose like a traditional caravan. Rainwater collection into tanks is another option.  We can install built in water tanks as follows:

80 Litre water tank and 12v water pump system,

160 Litre water tank and 12v water pump system or

320 Litre water tank and 12v water pump system.

Guttering and downpipes need to be added after delivery due to width.

Q: What Appliances Use LP GAS?

A: LPG is used to run the stove, oven, and hot water system and the home has an external gas outlet for a BBQ …etc.

Q: What are the maximum dimensions I can have?

A: The maximum height from ground to ridge is 4.3m.

The maximum chassis length that we make is 12m.

The maximum width is 2.45m.

Optional single side slide out can expand the width up to 1.5m, double sides slide out 1.2m each side.

Q: I would like to see a Tiny Home in person. Do you have one on display?

A: You can make an appointment to come and view our Tiny Home Display Model.

Q: How do I connect to power?

A: The Tiny Home plugs in by an electrical lead like a traditional caravan. Our Tiny Homes are also able to run on an optional solar/mains hybrid electrical system with battery storage for the lights and a 15amp mains power for the appliances (such as a full size fridge, TV etc.). You can have more or less solar if desired. A wind generator could also be used in conjunction with the solar.

Q: What do I need to do to prepare for the delivery of my Tiny Home?

A: When your Tiny is ready for delivery we will give you plenty of notice so you can (a) make sure the area your Tiny will be going is level, (b) make sure the area is accessible, i.e. no overhanging branches, driveway wide enough etc.  More about this will be discussed with you throughout the construction process of your Tiny home.

Q: Does the Bedding in the Loft come as Standard?

A: No.  The customer usually supplies the furniture, we can also supply any type of bedding or furniture even custom made at an additional cost.

Q: Can I build a deck or veranda around my Tiny?

A: It’s best to check with local council rules on decking.

Q: Can you build the deck or veranda for us?

A: Due to the distance and time factors we prefer not to do this for our customers as it can become very expensive for both parties.  It is advisable that if you want to add on a deck or veranda that you get in a local tradesman or if you are handy do it yourself.

Q: How will my Tiny Home go in a high bushfire area?

A: There are always risks with any kind of accommodation in bush fire prone areas or high flooding areas.  Choose the area carefully on your block/land where you want your Tiny home to go and what effects the elements may have.  We advise that you keep the wheels on so you can easily vacate the property.  Different materials may be used in the construction of your tiny also which may be more suited to bushfire zones.  This should be discussed during the design process.

Q: Do the Tiny homes cope in high wind areas?

A. If you are concerned about high wind areas, you can make your Tiny Home even more secure.

All four corners have tie down points that can be strapped down to any secure fixed object in the ground.

For more permanent fixings consider a concrete pad footing (local engineer can tell you the required size in accordance with local wind speeds).

Q: Can I buy a trailer and build myself?

A. Our company now sells individual chassis and shells. This is a great way for people to undertake some DIY.  We take care of all the hard parts and build the shell to lock up –  water tight, insulated external wall panels ready for the owner to install their own custom internal layout. The units have no lining, internal insulation, plumbing or electrical. Gives you a blank canvas to create your own unique space. Ideal for those wanting to do some DIY but daunted by the idea of making the frame and chassis etc.